The most affordable university education
The UAS signs a contract with every student, which stipulates the conditions of performing a study programme in accordance with the standards regulated by the Scientific Activity and Higher Education Act and the University’s curriculum. Students are required to carry out their duties according to the Study Programme Rules and Regulations and pay the tuition fee according to the specified payment dynamics. Students’ tuition fees are the only source of the University’s funding.
The annual tuition fee for the undergraduate professional study Business and Management with three majors: Business Economics and Finance, Cultural Management and Office Management is 17.000,00 kunas. The annual tuition fee for the undergraduate professional study Information Technologies is 25.000,00 kunas.
The annual tuition fee for the specialist professional graduate studies Project Management, Communications Management, Financial Management and Public Sector Management is 20.000,00 kunas.
The cost of enrolment procedure and student transcript book is 500,00 kunas, while the annual insurance cost is 50,00 kunas, both paid upon enrolment.
What does a tuition fee include?
A tuition fee includes all lectures, practical courses, seminars and usage of the library fund, as well as all additional benefits which facilitate studying, such as food subsidy, subsidized student loans, working in small groups, tutors and mentors at students’ disposal, top-quality Microsoft and Apple technology and software available to students not only at the University but in their free time too, iPads for students engaged in the project “University in the palm of your hand”, free Wi-Fi and scholarships for going to our partner institutions within the ERASMUS+ student exchange programme.
What are the terms of repayment?
The UAS offers various repayment models to our students, with a discount of 7% for a single cash payment. Students can choose the repayment model which best suits their needs:
- single cash payment or credit transfer payment with a 7% discount
- special “Student-friendly” bank loans which offer loan repayment up to ten years after graduation, with a possible grace period for the first instalment up to 12 months. These loans are available in Zagrebačka banka Plc., Splitska banka Plc., Erste&Steiermärkische Bank Plc.
- credit card instalment repayments (single or 2 – 12 equal monthly instalments
- credit transfer payment in eleven instalments: the first instalment is 5.000,00 kunas, the next ones are 1.200,00 kunas each for undergraduate studies, and 1.500,00 kunas each for graduate studies.
Full-time students at the UAS have the same student rights as full-time students at state institutions of higher education (student card, subsidized transport, health insurance).
Tuition fee discounts
Students may apply for tuition discount in one academic year on the basis of the criteria listed below:
- Single cash payment or credit transfer payment with a 7% discount.
- Family discount of 10% upon regular enrolment at all study years is available for students who are family members (siblings, parents, spouses). A 15% group discount is available provided that the full amount of all tuition fees is paid in one instalment upon enrolment.
- Legal entities who sign a contract with the UAS regarding their employees’ education are eligible for a 10% discount provided that at least two employees attend the UAS. A 15% discount upon enrolment is available if five or more employees attend the UAS.
- Students who obtain their undergraduate degree at the UAS on time and consecutively continue their education at specialist graduate studies (except senior students) are eligible for a 10% discount upon enrolment at the first year of specialist graduate studies. A 15% discount is available provided that the full amount of tuition fee is paid in one instalment upon enrolment.
- Students who are members of the Alumni Club Baltazar and who continue their education at specialist graduate studies or attend lifelong learning courses are eligible for an 8% discount. A 13% discount is available provided that the full amount of tuition fee is paid in one instalment upon enrolment.
Awards for the best students
The best students are those who completed the study programme on time, with a grade point average higher than 4,5 and who fully covered the cost of tuition within deadlines stipulated by the contract. The best students are awarded by the UAS Academic Council.
The best students of undergraduate studies are eligible for a 50% discount on tuition upon enrolment at the first year of specialist graduate studies, provided that they consecutively continue their education at the UAS Baltazar Zaprešić. Please note that this discount cannot be combined with others.
The best students of specialist professional graduate studies are offered a free lifelong learning course at the UAS within three years of graduation.